Friday, January 06, 2006

It's not cheating!

For those of us looking for ways to add more fruit to our diet, I found this fun recipe. It's called a Yogurt Sundae. I listed the calorie content and a few other things of each item individually so you can play with it to fit your needs. For example, you might want 1/2 banana instead of a whole one, or you might want to use just half the nuts or none at all, or a different kind of yogurt. I used banana cream nonfat yogurt for this recipe. Hopefully, breaking down what's in the ingredients will also make it easier for those on WW to figure out the points. I have no idea how to do that.

I thought this would be an easy breakfast, too, for those looking for something in the morning. And, trust me, it's easy. If it has more than six ingredients or takes more than 20 minutes to prepare than you didn't get the recipe from me. :)

Actually, I used to do something similar to this to get my son to eat more fruit when he was little. I just layered the ingredients in a glass, called it a parfait and told him it was dessert.

Anyway, here it is:

1 medium banana 110 calories 29 carbs 0 fat 4 gm fiber
6 oz flavored nonfat yogurt 110 calories 20 carbs 0 fat 0 fiber
1/2 c. strawberries 23 calories 5 carbs 0 fat 4 gm fiber
1/2 oz of chopped, toasted almonds 83 calories 3 carbs 7.2 fat 1.5 fiber


Peel banana (really, if I have to tell you that maybe you should get someone to help you with the rest of the recipe) ;), and split in two. The banana, you split the banana in two. Arrange in a bowl. Place the strawberries in the middle of that and top with yogurt and nuts. Enjoy! Oh, for the same 110 calories, you can use 1/2 cup of Bluebell nonfat banana split frozen yogurt, which is really good, too.

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Excellent! And funny!! Thanks! I will definitely be trying this. It sounds like exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

CrystalDiggory said...

Good. I'm glad I was able to suggest something that might be helpful to someone. :)

I tried to post on your regular blog, Trixie, but blogger wouldn't let me. :( Hopefully, that will be resolved soon.

Anonymous said...

Just because I have WW calculators all over the house (grin), I figured that at 6 points. Not bad. Leaving off the nuts doesn't even help bring it down that much, maybe just 1/2 point. :)