The Weight Loss Phrase of the Day is FIGHT CANCER WITH FOOD! According to the National Foundation for Cancer Research, many foods reduce the risk of cancer. NFCR suggests the following:
1. Teas, such as green, white and oolong are rich in powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants reduce the risk of cancer by counteracting the harmful effects of free radicals that damage the cells of our body.
2. Tomatoes, especially in ketchup and tomato sauce, contain lycopene, another powerful antioxidant that many studies have shown help reduce cancer risk.
3. Oranges and other citrus fruits rich in vitamin C can help prevent mouth, esophageal, lung, stomach and colon cancers.
4. Cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts and turnips are thought to stimulate the immune system and help reduce the risk of colon, stomach and respiratory cancers.
5. Carrots are an excellent source of antioxidant compounds, and the richest vegetable source of the pro-vitamin A carotenes. Carrots' antioxidant compounds help protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer and also promote good vision, especially night vision.
For more information about healthy foods, visit The World's Healthiest Foods.