The weight loss word of the day is WALK! Walking may be the perfect exercise. It's easy on your joints, requires no special equipment besides supportive and comfortable shoes and a place to walk. Michelle has been walking in the morning and is finding it to be the perfect way to start her day.
Here are a few ways to incorporate walking into your day.
1. Use part of your lunch hour to walk around the block or even better a local park.
2. Park at the far end of the parking lot when you shop.
3. If the weather is bad, walk from one end of a mall to the other.
4. Use the stairs. My roomie works in a four-story hospital. He almost never takes the elevator, and he goes up those stairs like a gazelle -- if gazelles can climb stairs easily.
5. Get a pedometer and attempt to add 500 steps to your day.
6. Call a friend and set up a walking date.
7. Many schools have a walking track that is open for the public to use during the summer and evenings.
8. Many churches have family life centers with a walking track.
What walking tips do you have to share? Let’s walk our way to fitness and health.