Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Our first WWIN for 2007!!

Good morning friends! I actually remembered to weigh this morning. I am so happy to report that even through the holidays, I remain 7 pounds below my original starting weight.

Now, it's no longer good enough to tread water here. I've been hanging around this number for far too long and it's time to take it to the next level. There are no excuses in the way. No holidays for a long stretch (and really, shouldn't a holiday just be one day rather than a whole season from late October to mid-January? Don't we set ourselves up for this? Or have we failed to recognize a biological phenomenon -- human hibernation, for which we are predisposed to fatten up?)

Well, since they won't let me go sleep in my cave until spring, I guess the next best alternative is to wake up fully and move the body, and feed it correctly. Although, that bed DOES look rather inviting for a few months...

Let's create some early momentum here and DO SOMETHING positive this first week of the new year. We don't have to be at the level of the racer crossing the finish line at this point, but maybe we ought to be putting on our walking shoes and socks now!

Come on! Let's go!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remembered to weigh in, too. I reset the tracking on my scale so everything is set to zero to start.

I'm trying to work up the nerve to go our HOA's fitness center. I don't want to work out in the middle of the day when I've taken a shower in the morning, and I don't like to shower in the middle of the day. I'll figure something out. :\

Michelle said...

I weighed. I am back up to 50 lost. Ah well...it's ok, though. It'll be gone again!

SBB said...

I weighed to set my baseline again. So no losses to report this time.