Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Frenzied's New Year Post

Jean has said some things that I could have written myself. It wasn't an employer, but a particular family member that is hyper-focused on weight. She is significantly overweight herself, so I tend to think that she focuses on it in other people to undermine their efforts so she doesn't feel alone in her size category. I don't really think she does it consciously, but I think that's the underlying reason. I have always been independent-leaning, so someone trying to make me feel one way or another and I'm off to the races.

I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, too. It still remains to be seen if diet and exercise will help the cholesterol. Diet alone hasn't, so maybe the exercise will. I have no explanation for the high blood pressure. Historically, I've always had perfect or low blood pressure.

I'm going to spend the next week or so getting back to keeping track of WW points. I'm not going back to WW, I was there long enough to know the program. I just want to get re-educated in the point value of different foods so I can do it without too much thinking. Also, going back to points, I'm going to go back as far as the WW program when I first started. You had a certain number of points and could bank any daily leftovers. You did not get to carry the banked points over to the next week. That worked better for me than having a certain number of daily points and then an additional number of weekly points. Just entailed too much for me to want to keep track.

For this week, I'm going to study what an actual serving size looks like. I just measured out my breakfast cereal and orange juice. I just want to eyeball it when I get really cruising. There are a lot of things WW and others suggest to help you determine the size of a serving, such as a piece of boneless chicken breast should about the size of a deck of cards. I just haven't tried to commit more of it to memory so I don't have to look up everything every other time.

I weighed myself this morning for a starting weight, and even though it's a day less that Tuesday to Friday, I'm going to report again on Friday. The good news is that this morning I was down 2.4 from the last time I weighed myself. I'm not counting that since I'm starting with today, but it sure didn't hurt to see that! :)

1 comment:

SBB said...

I have been considering going back to WW, but am still learning how it can be adapted for diabetes.