Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Making a Plan

I'm really good at making plans, I can go on forever in great detail about how it will all work out, but then I can't seem to be consistent or stick with it for very long. I'm going to try and keep it simple. Maybe I'll stay with it better.

My biggest problem area is my crazy schedule. I work nights and then try to flip back to days when I'm off work. It makes meal planning a real challenge. I'm going to start by trying to control what I eat at work and I'm going to do that by taking Lean Cuisines for my main meal. That way I don't have to worry about portion control at work. I'm also going to take a couple of snacks so I can eat something about every four hours to keep my metabolism up. I find most of my eating at work isn't because I'm hungry, but because I've convinced myself it helps me stay awake. So one snack will be something like carrots, to satisfy my need to crunch. Well, I'm not sure carrots will ever satisfy much for me, but it will help. :) And I'm going to take a Slim Fast snack bar to satisfy my sweet tooth. They have some really good bars out there. Maybe I'll eventually move on to a bar higher in protein, but for now I'll stick with these.

No comments: