Monday, May 22, 2006

To weigh or not to weigh

I found an interesting article on iVillage. I know, I know it is the internets equivilant to Lifetime Television, but there is some interesting stuff on there. Anyway, it was discussing the good and bads about weighing in, how often and if it would work for you.

I happen to weigh myself everyday. In the morning for sure, just because the numbers are always lower in the AM (I LOVE seeing it go down in the morning whether it stays there or not. I figure it was there once, it will be again), but also I weigh in at night just to keep on top of where Weight Watchers will catch me, come weekly weigh in and how that is progressing. Sometimes, the numbers look great, sometimes...not so good. But I know not to count them as "official" until I do weigh in for the week. I use that definite number as my kick off for the next week, and so on. Some might say I weigh myself too much, but to be honest, it motivates me. It reminds me to keep track of my food for the day, it keeps my eye on the goal of getting this weight off and it also reminds me, that this is a day by day effort. What happened yesterday has nothing to do with today. I weigh "here" today and how am I going to make that better?

It works for me, but everyone is different. Here is a link to the article Weighing In

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Gosh, I remember weighing multiple times a day when I was 12. I'd weigh, then exercise for two hours roller skating, then weigh, then ride my bicycle for 20 miles, then weigh, then walk for a couple of miles....

Funny, all that "weighing" kept me skinny then. Do you think all that exercise had anything to do with it? ;)

Michelle said...

Good golly I am sure it was the exercise...

20 miles? Dang me...I am lucky to pedal out 2 miles.