Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Holding

I'm holding at 10 pounds off this week and consider that an achievement. I haven't been home much this week; I spent a couple of days taking care of an older friend after a car wreck and then spent a couple of days house-sitting for friends who went out of state for the weekend. And I've satisfied my hamburger cravings a couple of times.

I think I made up for the lack of control over food by cutting off all my hair (photos on my blog if you want to see this weight loss technique!) With the haircut, though, I am even more motivated to pick right up today and get back on the right track with my food!

Other good signs: My jeans are embarrassingly too large. They won't stay up! And I hate with the passion of a thousand suns to have a gap between my shirt and my jeans! So that pair will be washed and put away on my top closet shelf as a "before and after" touchstone. Now and then as I lose weight I'll try them on just to remind myself where I started. I also found a pair of jeans tucked in a dresser in my guest room. I don't remember having them! I am fairly sure I tucked them away when they were too small for me to get into. Somehow, they have grown to the perfect fit for now! How about that -- shopping in my own house!

I also have started walking a little more. So far it's been mall walking, but that is a plus, you see. You can start slowly and no one knows that you are doing it for exercise. You blend right in with the window shoppers. And hey, if you need motivation, you can pop in and try on a special outfit just to see how you're doing! The way clothing fits is often a better measure of improvements than the scales. Remember, muscles weigh more than fat, so as we increase muscle mass, our scales will lie to us. Muscle also takes up less room than fat, so if clothes fit better, that's what's happening!

There's some truth to the saying "Ewe's not fat, ewe's fluffy!"

How was your week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Trixie! Holding is good! :)

I have no idea where I left off with the hulabaloo of school starting again, but I'm down for a total of 7. I'm happy I'm down, but kicking myself for wasting this year. :::sigh:::

Michelle said...

Congrats Trixie and Frenzied. I stayed the same this week. Holding steady at 56lbs.