Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why oh why?

Why do I eat so much? Why oh why? Every morning I start out with the best of intentions. Every night I go to bed knowing that I chowed down a lot. I know being heavy is bad for my health. I know it's bad for my self image. I know I'd get more done if I were healthy. Why, then, do I continue to eat more than I should?

Of course, I've known for a long time that my eating is connected to my emotions. I get stressed, I eat. I get depressed, I eat. About the only time I don't eat is when I'm happy or grieving. Both seem to short circuit my ever-present appetite.

I know part of the problem is that I'm not drinking enough water. Which I'm going to commit to doing today. As for the rest of it, God help me.

And just so you know, I weighed and had gained 2.2 pounds. ARRRGGGG!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Water is hard for me to down straight, especially since I don't like it warm, and right now the last thing I want is to drink something COLD. (Brrr.)

Hang in there, pal o' mine!

I forgot today was Wednesday. Since DS had Monday off I kept thinking today was Tuesday, given it's his second day back to school this week. Maybe I'll weigh in tomorrow. Better late than never.

Michelle said...

I weighed. And I gained .8. It was disappointing since I know (and I am not lying to myself) I did everything the way I should. I drank my water, I counted my points, I even "felt" like I had lost. But the scale at my meeting said otherwise. It was a frustrating week.
And with being sick so far this week...it isn't looking good. I've been sticking to my points, but haven't been drinking my water.

Anywho, I am sorry Tech. Hang in there. I am an emotional eater too. Where stress is concerned. If my blood pressure rises you might as well just hand me the whole bag of Oreo cookies and walk away. Slowly.

Jaime said...

Michelle, I'm up .8 also. However, I figure that's not bad after a long weekend with my in-laws (where cooking is for people with kids and Baja Fresh is healthy)

Linda said...

Haven't been on a scale, soI don't know what I weigh. But, I'm still walking. Smaller clothes still fit fine, so I know I'm not gaining.

{{{hugs}}} for you all. I suspect winter is partly at fault. I think our bodies hang onto fat in the winter to help us keep warm. I haven't researched it, but it makes sense to me.

Good luck this week and for most of you, the small amount you gained could be due to natural fluctuations in body weight, water retention, increased muscle mass if you've been exercising, etc. So don't get discouraged and sabotage yourselves.