Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I couldn't vote

In the television watching poll, I couldn't vote because there wasn't a "I don't watch TV" option.

I will admit, it is getting a little harder after five months to continue without TV. At first I was too busy and not interested in getting cable and messing with all the stuff necessary to get TV up and running. Plus I was going through a real cheapskate phase. Maybe I haven't outgrown that yet.

I've also gotten re-hooked on my passion for reading and would rather spend time with a good book or two or three at a time.

There just hasn't been a lot of spare time for many of the things I enjoyed in my former lifestyle. I haven't watched TV, or knitted, or napped. I do walk every day, and I read, and I am active in community events and in covering local politics.

Overall I would say these are beneficial changes, but now that it is turning colder, I do wish I could veg out on the couch on a Saturday night with the clicker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, now that the writers are on strike and it'll be reruns, if you get TV now, you can catch up! ;)