Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sneaky Little Slimdown Tips

CNN's Fit Nation has a list of sneaky ways to help us achieve our goals today.

I know for a fact several of these will work. For instance, am I the only person who chooses to drink a diet soft drink because it "goes better with the chips" I want to eat, and if I drink a water, I won't feel like eating the chips?

Is this insane, or what? It's certainly self-defeating, yet I can clearly remember thinking exactly that when I'm making a decision about what to drink.

I especially want to give an honest effort to the visualization technique. I have used that successfully for other things in the past, and I believe it's very powerful.

3 comments:

Jean said...

If you're looking for an excellent, reliable, reasonably priced pedometer, may I recommend the Omron HJ-112 (http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digital-Premium-Pedometer/dp/B0000U1OCI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1195093038&sr=8-1)

I got mine at Wal-Mart, and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jean, thanks! I was looking for a good pedometer for my friend's birthday back in September, but couldn't find anything I liked. (Of course, I want one, too!)

It's $20 at Amazon, is that about what you paid at Wal-Mart? I've got an order to place at Amazon, so I could save myself some trouble and order it from there, but only if it's going to save me money or make no difference. :)

Jean said...

I think it was $18 or 19 at Wal-Mart. I didn't want to wait for delivery. That's the only reason I went with Wal-Mart. Plus, I wanted to see if it was as solid as it looked. It is.