Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's WWIN-sday

I'm up one pound this week. I blame it on Frenzied's son's birthday (hope you don't mind too much, FF!)

Nah, I've been too indulgent and I know it. But I am doing much better when it comes to eating slow food rather than fast food. This is important to me. I think humans are too valuable to feed fast food to. I just need to make wiser choices about the slow food I prepare for myself.

I had a great salad last night with an older friend (see my blog to read about this couple. The husband is nearing death.) It had bean sprouts, grape tomatoes, squash and avocado. (There may have been more veggies. These are what I remember. She did say she changes things sometimes.) The dressing was made with pear-infused balsamic vinegar and oil with seasonings -- Mrs. Dash, pepper, and some other things. I didn't see everything she put in. She makes a mixture of the seasonings and then just shakes them over the salad as she tosses it.

It was yummy, and she said everything in it is "free" as far as calories, carbs or whatever you might be watching. I'll be picking up some of that pear-infused balsamic vinegar. It was heavenly!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I found a great fat free balsamic dressing by Apple Orchards. It is so yummy and the points are 0! how can you not like that...

jeannie diane said...

Hang on trixie..you can do this.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to blame my less-than-stellar performance on his birthday, too! He had the nerve to have his birthday the day before WWIN! :)

I don't think I've ever had squash in a salad. I assume it's raw. What kind of squash was it?

I'm going to have to look at those balsamic vinegars, I keep hearing good things about them.