Thursday, January 17, 2008

Doggone It

I'm starting over. I feel almost unwound from last week. There's not much major happening in the foreseeable future, so I hope I'll be able to keep to my plan.

I have to thank Jean for her pedometer recommendation. I bought one for my bestest friend for Christmas, and one for myself. My friend loves it! I've just started wearing it and it works really well. The manual says it won't count when going up and down stairs, but mine does. :)

I heard or read it somewhere to shoot for 10,000 steps a day. Even with all the housework I've been doing the last couple of days, and I thought I was doing well, I haven't even come close, but that does not include a walk around the neighborhood. Seems I need to up my steps about seven times. I don't know if walks would do that or not. I'll have to see how many steps I get out of a walk the next time.

I've considered advertising for a canine walking companion. There are dogs all over my neighborhood, and I'm sure their owners don't have time to, or just don't walk them. Now, don't die of shock that I'm thinking of walking a dog--I like them if they're decently behaved. I figured a dog would be happy to go with me whenever I'm ready to go. I wouldn't even charge the owner, they just can't complain about the free service. :)

1 comment:

Jean said...

That's a good idea on the dog. The easiest way to do it would be to find a dog you're comfortable with who lives outside and you could get him or her anytime and take for a walk.

Glad you like the pedometer.